Thursday, August 30, 2012

Final Project


This is my final project, I decided to put my poster into a GIF, the GIF plays continuously and does not stop. I am not used to working with this format as you will see. I wanted to create more moving objects like the dragonfly but simply ran out of time. This is more time consuming than it looks. I used Photoshop effects for the text and the castle that is in the background of the poster. I spent more time on detail on the poster than I did in the GIF panels. But getting the GIF to run smoothly took time. The only thing I don't like is that I lost a lot of picture quality in my poster. It looks the best in Illustrator and the poster lost picture quality when I put it into PNG and JPEG. It then lost more picture quality when I put it into Photoshop and then into a GIF.

My project concept is a movie poster that I turned into a trailer for the film. After I did the poster I wasnt sure what to do from there. But in the back of my head I thought that I would like to somehow convert it into a GIF, but I wasnt sure if it would work because movie posters are not usually in trailers. My target audience is obviously for younger children as this is a fantasy film for a younger audience, most likely an animated G rated film, such as Disney films are. The only sketches I have for this are posted below and that is for the poster. I did not use sketches for the rest. I used Illustrator and Photoshop for my assignment, I did my poster mostly in Illustrator except for the castle which I did in Photoshop. The rest of the trailer was done in Photoshop using animated GIFS. I would of liked to have added much more to my GIF, but by the time I got a handle on creating it I ran out of time.

I think my final project maintained ethical standards because I created everything from my own head and did not take any ideas from anywhere else nor did I use photos from online. I also think my project is socially responsible because it does not offend anyone in anyway. I think it also maintains ethical standards because I did not copy this design from anywhere else, it was all my own idea. But I do have to admit that I think I thought of the word Dreamstar because of Dreamworks Studios. I needed a name for a studio fast and that is what came to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment